News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

I don't know if this had been previously discussed but as I was just reading about this year's USGA Mid Am, which was won by a member of my home club, they noted that next year's competition will be held at CommonGround Golf Club and Colorado Golf Club.  CommonGround will only be used with Colorado Golf for the stroke play while Colorado Golf will be used for the match play.  It is great to see a public course being used for this but I would guess that there will be no televised coverage of the stroke play from CommonGround.

Jeff Evagues

Re: CommonGround to co - host stroke play qualifying for 2019 Mid Am
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:03:16 PM »
I believe for tournaments like the Mid-Am they only show the last 2 days.
Be the ball

Doug Wright

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
CommonGround also was used as the companion course to Cherry Hills for qualifying in the US Amateur a few years back. 
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
Doug: I didn't realize that - it is great that a true public course is being used.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
Correct. And the second course often plays very difficult because they only need one set of hole locations, so they can use the hardest location on every green if they want to; they can also stress the greens more because it's only two days of championship play instead of 6. See this year when Carolina played half a shot harder than Charlotte despite being 300-400 yards shorter.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back