News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Lahinch--Admiring Quirk
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »
As those small handful of you who have read my posts know, I absolutely adore Lahinch despite only one play.  One of my colleagues returned yesterday from his first trip to Ireland.  The first thing he said to me:  we played Lahinch and loved it.  Mind you, he did not know how I feel about the course.  He just could not stop about how much fun he had navigating the course, including and especially Klondyke and Dell.  And he is not a golf course architecture buff--just a guy who likes to play the game on occasion.

Gives me hope.

Ira

Steve Burrows

Re: Lahinch--Admiring Quirk
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »
I have not had a chance to play the course but I did stop at the clubhouse on a calm, clear November morning when I was on my way through town with my wife up to the Cliffs of Moher.  She even remarked to me that I was openly gushing while staring at the landscape we saw before us, perhaps even more so than when we got up to the Cliffs (which are also stunning)!  I very much want to go back to Lahinch when I actually have time to play golf.
...to admit my mistakes most frankly, or to say simply what I believe to be necessary for the defense of what I have written, without introducing the explanation of any new matter so as to avoid engaging myself in endless discussion from one topic to another.     
               -Rene Descartes

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back