News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

archie_struthers

Re: Stand alone Golf (Pro) Shop
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 05:42:31 AM »
 ;D

Thanks for all the feedback guys . Interesting how many stand alones are out there . Seems  that the early status of head pro as less than a first class citizen contributed to  the trend  in 1900 -1930's.

It's a pity that the role of the golf professional has been diminished in this new age of fairness and equality . Overdevelopment and lack of training have certainly contributed to this loss to the industry.

This being  said I can see how a stand alone shop could actually enhance the role of the golf staff and their status. Just the opposite of the the original intent!  Think of what many of us learned about the game and its traditions from the PGA pro , the caddy master or the starter.  My experience , with the aforementioned as my supervisors , gave me a wealth of knowledge about golf that I doubt  could have been learned without their tutelage. Here's  a salute to all the mentors we had and perhaps a hope we see some return to honoring  their abilities to facilitate the game  we love .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:39:07 AM by archie_struthers »

JC Jones

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2017, 08:04:47 AM »
There are so many stand alone pro-shops. In my experience, the thing that most of them have in common is a sense of being unpretentious. You walk in and feel comfortable and welcome.

Dunbar GC - Pro shop

North Berwick Pro shop

Lundin GC pro shop

Crail - Clubhouse left pro shop right - 12th green view from 11th tee

Hankley Common Pro shop

New Zealand Golf Club #5 par 3 & Pro Shop , Addlestone, Surrey, England

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back