News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Gilson

Ocean Course at The National (Aust.) - Tom Doak
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »

All members just received an email from the Chairman advising that the Board has agreed to appoint TD/Renaissance to perform a "design upgrade" on the Ocean Course. Broad Concepts , timing details etc to come in the next few months. I am not as anti-Ocean as many other posters but this is undoubtedly a good move for the club. Congratulations to Tom & his team, as well.There are some mealy-mouthed words around members having to vote on the assignment....which I find annoying....but hopefully it will all be confirmed before too long.

Now I just need to get Tom also over the line at Yarra Yarra & I'll be a happy camper!

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re: Ocean Course at The National (Aust.) - Tom Doak
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »
I can imagine some if the work Tom would consider at Yara,and also the interest that would stimulate with you and Andrew.
In fact I think it would make you two seriously giddy🤗

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »
Looking at their website I couldn't help but notice that they own a course on Long Island. What's the deal with that?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Charles Lund

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »
The National Golf Ck6b acquired Long Island in a merger about two years ago.

Charles Lund

James Bennett

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
Tommy

Long Island is the name of a club near Frankston, halfway between Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula (where the other three National clubs are).  It is very close to Peninsula (where major works by Mike Clayton to the North and South courses are nearing completion).  The area has similar sands to the Melbourne sand-belt.

The National does not own any clubs on Long Island New York, in particular the other 'National'.
I don't know why Long Island is called Long Island.

I found your post quite clever when I thought about it.

Benje
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back