News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Stephens

Peter Mallalieu - RIP
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:43:37 PM »
Dear GCA especially BUDAites

Peter Mallalieu has sadly passed away recently. The following is a statement from Catherine Mallalieu-Needle from Facebook.
My lovely father, Peter Mallalieu, has passed away. We would like to invite all family and friends to join us on Friday 17th March 2017 at 1.50pm at Banbury Crematorium (OX16 1ST). We will then celebrate his life at 'The Holt Hotel' from 3pm - 5pm (OX25 5QQ). Please do join us. No flowers please, but donations to 'Sobell House Hospice' because they are fabulous and cared beautifully for my father during his final days.
Peter was the quintessential English gentlemen of all of us BUDAites with a keen interest in golf and golf courses. He was one of my earliest captains in the history of BUDA.
RIP PM
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:48:09 PM by Ben Stephens »

Ben Stephens

Re: Peter Mallalieu - RIP
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »
I have passed on condolences to the Mallalieu family from all of us on Golf Club Atlas on facebook

Jason Topp

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »
Very sorry to hear this news.  When I think of Buda, conversations with Peter are one of the first things that springs to mind.

Eric Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »
Sad news, indeed. Peter was a wonderful gentleman. I thoroughly enjoyed the round we played together, along with Bill McBride and Andy Levett, at Pennard during BUDA VIII.

Andy, Bill and Peter standing at the tee at 16.

May he rest in peace.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »
Very sad.  A real gentle man.  I was so looking forward to seeing him again at this year's BUDA.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Whitaker

Re: Peter Mallalieu - RIP New
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
I loved Peter. And, my wife loved Peter... especially his twinkling eyes! He was a great conversationalist and could keep you spellbound for ages with his stories. We will miss him dearly.

We had the good fortune of hosting Peter and his wonderful wife, Jenny, at our beach house in North Litchfield, SC (along with Craig Disher). Peter, Craig and I played Caledonia and True Blue... and, had the grandest time eating local shrimp and drinking cold beer. It will always be one of my favorite memories of spending time with Peter and Jenny. One evening he told us the funniest story I have ever heard about riding a train late at night (a little drunk) with several nuns in the same compartment... and, he needed to desperately take a wee. For those of you attending the Buda in Rye this year I will do my best to recreate the telling, but I could never match the pure joy Peter had when weaving the tale. Rest In Peace, my friend.

Peter, Craig Disher and Andrew Mitchell at the 2006 Buda (Royal Liverpool)

Buda 2006 - Peter in center foreground

Buda 2011
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:19:50 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back