News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

RJ_Daley

Re: "Transforming the Course" - Microsoft and Gil Hanse
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:50:25 PM »
I have little doubt that there are useful data that can be worked and interpreted to aid the entire process from course conception to fruition and growing good turf.  But, I also believe the linked article is more of a marketing taut of an oversold marketing campaign for 'cloud' computing and services than it is just techno-geek babble. 

For instance, human nature and knowing the human/political/social aspect of Rio and the prospects of long term viability of a golf course there, after all the Olympic stimulus goes away, or how the social political atmosphere and human mindsets there barely allowed the darn project to get done.  I don't think all that data was able to put that in proper perspective. 

Perhaps Gil should put all the data points into the cloud to give a more long term picture of his project at Doral.... I mean, was he paid?   ::) :o

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Ben Malach

Re: "Transforming the Course" - Microsoft and Gil Hanse
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:26:22 AM »
The website that they build is pretty cool. http://courseiq.golf/browse/club I think I could be pretty useful for doing a quick mock up before the first client interview but after that I do not know how much use this tool would have in the design process. But it works great for finding courses and their corresponding topographic maps which as we all know can be a little fun some days.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back