News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Great idea and with it being awarded each year, collectively will have an impact on American design in the future. Not everyone can afford to travel around the world and see/play golf.
https://asgca.org/unique-scholarship-to-study-great-courses-of-scotland-awarded-by-world-100-club/
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Mark_Fine

This is a great idea.  There is zero substitute for seeing and studying as many great golf courses as possible.  Few get to do it as traveling is not cheap and access can be hard but for a golf architect, it is a priceless experience. Happy to see the ASGCA supporting this  :) :)

Joe Hancock

Congrats to my friend Jeff Stein! He is a smart, motivated person who will benefit himself and the his future clients by winning this scholarship.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jeff_Brauer

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I was the primary staff member working with World 100 to put together the application and interview process.  It was really exciting until I saw the quality of the applications, and realized I would have to tell 11 passionate, younger golf course architects that they didn't get the award.

There is no doubt the future of the profession is going to be great.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back