News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Franklin

Need a little logo help
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
What course does this logo come from?

Mr Hurricane

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Need a little logo help
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 06:53:41 PM »
I actually have that same ball but can't remember where it came from. One of the dangers of playing too many places.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bob Harris

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
I think that the Pink Dog was the original logo of Bellewood GC in Pottstown, PA. The club was originally a LP that was sold by the partners to a group that included Mike Piazza's family.

Jim Franklin

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »
I think that the Pink Dog was the original logo of Bellewood GC in Pottstown, PA. The club was originally a LP that was sold by the partners to a group that included Mike Piazza's family.

It was built on someone's estate if I recall correctly. It was in PA, I remember that. I don't remember playing Bellewood, but that's what I'm going with. Thanks
Mr Hurricane

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »

It was built on someone's estate if I recall correctly. It was in PA, I remember that. I don't remember playing Bellewood, but that's what I'm going with. Thanks

Bob is correct - that's Bellewood.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Jim Franklin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »
Who designed Bellewood? I thought someone originally laid out the course but didn't finish and a lawsuit happened. I forget who finished it though.
Mr Hurricane

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »
Right,Bellewood, that's it. I played it the year it opened. I think it is a little west of Philly. It has a big old manor type house as clubhouse. They have a nice set up at the Clubhouse.I don't remember who designed it but I think is privately owned. I remember I liked the course. It was on some rolling pasture land.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:01:29 AM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 09:59:26 AM »
Who designed Bellewood? I thought someone originally laid out the course but didn't finish and a lawsuit happened. I forget who finished it though.

I think it was Tom Drauschak:

http://www.tomdrauschak.com/bellewood

IIRC, I think a prominent archie (TFaz?) might have been hired initially but then something happened.

I've played it twice and find it to be pretty good.  Pics from many years ago:

http://www.myphillygolf.com/uploads/bausch/Bellewood/index.html
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:35:23 AM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Bob Harris

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 11:10:38 AM »
It was Tom Fazio.  He was boyhood friends with the original developers, Piazza and Tornetta.  Apparently, they had a falling out over some design issues and he left the project.

MCirba

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
I had heard prior to playing there that the course was awful.   Thus, I went in with very low expectations that were greatly exceeded as the course is quite good in stretches with little in the way of abominability, if that's a word, particularly the holes across the road.

The original logo, on the other hand, is putrid.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Jim Franklin

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 03:34:43 PM »
I had heard prior to playing there that the course was awful.   Thus, I went in with very low expectations that were greatly exceeded as the course is quite good in stretches with little in the way of abominability, if that's a word, particularly the holes across the road.

The original logo, on the other hand, is putrid.

The dog?
Mr Hurricane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back