News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie_Bell

David,

Do you sense that the conversation has ended?  I'm with you on this, all the way. 

If her objection relates to aesthetics, then perhaps she could post a Before picture for our enlightenment.  If her objection is based on something else, then she ought to make it clear.

In NW Connecticut a decade ago, environmentalists successfully fought the construction of what would have been a fabulous course. It would have been built on a parcel of land that may have been the most beautiful intact parcel of land in the entire state, 550-acre Yale Farm.  (No relation to the university.)  Even though friends of mine owned the land, so I might have been able to play there, I'm happy thinking of it as pristine unspoiled "farmland" forever.

I can't say I feel the same about a reclaimed phosphate mine.

David Sucher

Charlie,
I think she was engaging in loose talk.
We all do that at times.
But she got caught and didn't have grace to say "Gee, yeah I was hasty, I'll take it down". Instead she wanted to do a Nixon. Or Trump. 😜 (I accused her of that and she got real upset)
Why anyone would object to reclaiming a phosphate mine into golf course totally floors me. And if she had a good reason why bad idea, she could have explained.
Anyway, these posts hang around and maybe someone who knows more will offer some insight besides "I don't like your post" 🙈

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:46:36 PM by David Sucher »

Mark Smolens

Why, because they fenced out the boars?

(A note.  In all the time we were building the course, the client kept asking if I thought they should spend $2 million fencing the whole property to keep out the wild boars.  I had never seen one on the property, but heard them occasionally in the bushes on the perimeter.  After I saw what they could do to a fairway in France, I recommended the fence.  And at the opening weekend, I was on the bus back to the hotel with a bunch of golf VIP's including Mike Davis, and there was a giant boar just standing out where the road turns toward the hotel.  Everyone's jaw hit the ground.)

Then what are the alligators supposed to eat?!

Surely golfers?

Is that "surely" or "surly" golfers??

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back