News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DFarron

Daytona Beach/Palm Coast Gems?
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
Going to se my brother in 2 weeks, we are playing Hammock Dunes and Palatka Muni....any other good tracks down there?

Thanks!

Adam_Messix

Re: Daytona Beach/Palm Coast Gems?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »
Drew

I would go to Deltona Club and Victoria Hills.  Deltona is really good but I've heard conditions are a question mark. 

Rees Milikin

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
The four courses listed are the best in the area by far (Palatka is little out of the way) and I enjoy Deltona & Palatka the most.

The Ross courses in Daytona & New Smyrna Beach are ok, but play the others first.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:32 PM »
Oceanside CC in north Daytona/Ormond Beach.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Sinclair Eaddy

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:36 AM »
Hammock Beach is a resort facility (not far from Hammock Dunes) which has two very good golf courses-- Ocean Hammock and the Conservatory. Ocean Hammock has some great holes right along the ocean. The Conservatory is its inland cousin designed by Tom Watson which has an open links feel. You don't want go to Palm Coast without playing these courses. Finally is sounds like you are playing the private Hammock Dunes which by the way has two courses.  The ocean side Fazio Links course is very nice but you may also want to try the Creek Course which is more challenging and a short drive off property. These four courses are the best in Palm Coast/Daytona area.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:07 PM »
The only "track" of any fame in the Daytona area is the Daytona International Speedway.

As for golf courses, the ones listed are recommendable.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
Going to se my brother in 2 weeks, we are playing Hammock Dunes and Palatka Muni....any other good tracks down there?

Thanks!

Is the Palatka Muni original Ross, or has it been renovated???
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Daniel Jones

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
A shame we won't be off the temp greens at Ocala Golf Club by then. Worth the drive over next time you're down to see your brother. Hammock Beach (Ocean) is the only one mentioned that I've played.. The view from our table at lunch was about the only thing I enjoyed about it. 

Rees Milikin

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:26 AM »

Thanks!

Is the Palatka Muni original Ross, or has it been renovated???

It's a W.D. Clark design.

DFarron

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
Oceanside CC in north Daytona/Ormond Beach.
t
What's Oceanside like ?

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 11:49:50 AM »
Quick bump on a old thread. Any good public options from st Augustine /Palm coast/Daytona area ? Anyone know anything about St. John's golf club ?

How about Oceanside and Palencia ?

Thanks

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »
Brad--

I got rained out after five holes at St. John's but checked out some of the rest of the course, and I thought it was good. Clyde Johnston designed it - nothing earth-shattering, but solid.

Both Hammock Beach courses are worth playing, as others in this thread have indicated.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 06:36:28 PM »
Thanks Tim I'll check it out. It seems it's one of the better publics around from what little I can gather . The hammock courses are decent but not worth staying at the hotel just for a round at least not to me.

Thanks

Steve_Lovett

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »
Make sure it's St Johns Golf & Country Club, not St Johns Golf Course. One (SJGCC) is the Clyde Johnston layout in a residential subdivision, the other is the county course considerably further south.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »
Thanks will do.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »
Oceanside is a "semi" links style golf course one block from the ocean in Ormond Beach...it's fifteen years since I played it but i remember it being fun, demanding but not long. The club holds a good ladies amateur event every year called the Sally.
I caddied in first stage of Q school for my friend at St Johns CC on state road 9 south of Jax and have played it several times. Not bad and always in good condition but not going to break onto the Top 100 anytime soon.
Palencia is an Arthur Hills course also south of Jax which was new when I played it. Some very good holes winding through mossy oaks. Worth a visit from what I remember.
I liked the ocean course at Hammock Creek if you can get on. The latter course to be built at LPGA wasn't bad i think!! if you want to go inland a little Victoria Hills, which is toward Orlando on I4, was a good day out on a club trip we took.

Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back