News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Should 11 be made into a 5 par instead of buying more land?
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
True Ben,

Plus 12 green as the new 11 green would be rotated nearly 90 degrees to the line of play compared to 15.  I think it would work very well and I'd love to see the top notch pros putting up huge numbers because they just can't resist going for par 5s in two.  To boot 12 is a small target from 150, could you imagine trying to hit it from 250!  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
I'm just messing around and actually agree with VK on the area being sacred etc...

Seems to me if they don't like 13 all that needs to be done is move the tees to the left about 25 ft and refine the outside corner of the landing area.  It would make righthanders have to snap it to get around the corner and risk the creek in doing so.  And if it did not curve you would have the outside corner....I don't see length being the answer.  The issue is being able to turn that corner and get that turbo boost and then comes the sidehill stance.... :)

From the tee shots I saw Thursday you would think they had already done that.   I only saw a couple of players go for the green, more than half laid up.  I guess the wind was in their face.  Or maybe it was the lack of color in the azaleas.

BCowan

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
True Ben,

Plus 12 green as the new 11 green would be rotated nearly 90 degrees to the line of play compared to 15.  I think it would work very well and I'd love to see the top notch pros putting up huge numbers because they just can't resist going for par 5s in two.  To boot 12 is a small target from 150, could you imagine trying to hit it from 250!  ;)

Kalen,

Spot on.  If only these ideas would be given light.   

BHoover

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
You guys should get yourselves invited to join ANGC, then get appointed as Chairman and Vice Chairman (you decide who is which), then make these changes. Simple enough!

BCowan

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
Hoover,

Great Idea but I think you have to wear a blazer there so I would decline.  ANGC has a history of making radical changes.  We are just trying to plant the seeds for greatness. 

BHoover

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
Hoover,

Great Idea but I think you have to wear a blazer there so I would decline.  ANGC has a history of making radical changes.  We are just trying to plant the seeds for greatness.

When you're the Chairman, you can make your own rules. Sweatpants in the clubhouse!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2016, 05:28:06 PM »
Don't worry all,

When Ben and I are ruling the roost from Augusta, we won't forget about everyone here.  I'm sure we could scrape up some practice rounds tix for ya!  ;D

BHoover

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »
I'm anxious to see how you'll make 18 less of a crapshoot.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2016, 05:34:49 PM »
I'm anxious to see how you'll make 18 less of a crapshoot.

That's why Mike Young will be hired on as the club architect...he'll figure out how to fix it!!  8)

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
Can someone explain what a tributary of a creek is?  According to several dictionaries there is no such thing.
Be the ball

Kalen Braley

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2016, 06:04:33 PM »
I found it on wiki pretty quick:

" tributary[1] or affluent[2] is a stream or river that flows into a larger stream or main stem (or parent) river or a lake.[3

Looks like the only constraint is the tributary most flow into a creek that is larger than itself...

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 02:33:01 AM »
You guys should get yourselves invited to join ANGC, then get appointed as Chairman and Vice Chairman (you decide who is which), then make these changes. Simple enough!

Maybe if we all chip a couple of dollars each we could buy the club and make it the first GolfClubAtlas course.  ::)

BHoover

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2016, 09:10:14 AM »

Maybe if we all chip a couple of dollars each we could buy the club and make it the first GolfClubAtlas course.  ::)

It's a can't miss idea! I have $7 in my wallet that, if I don't lose today, will be my contribution.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »

It's a can't miss idea! I have $7 in my wallet that, if I don't lose today, will be my contribution.

I've also got $7 and my goldfish is willing to put in $1 if he can get bragging rights on the pond by 16. So that's $15 already. Cool, who else is in? 8)

Jim Nugent

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »

And then we hire Tom Doak to revert it back to Mackenzie's original design. 

Question: what do we do with all the (tens of?) millions in profit the club generates each year?  Given our various political/social positions, that could lead to some interesting debates. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back