News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: England/Wales trip set--- your thoughts
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2016, 09:56:35 PM »
Mike

Not played Saunton East but Westward Ho / Royal North Devon is a must play imo when in the area. The most rugged, natural and made from nature links I have played on. It's maybe somewhat of an aquired taste but if you like links golf in it's purest form you'll love it. I can guarentee you'll not forget 'The Cape Bunker' on the 4th, and the small yet fascinating golfing museum in the club house is worth the entry fee alone!!

I've a vested interest in the place and as a result maybe a slightly biased opinion, as we are working with the course on a bunker project, but for me you've made absolutely the right decision to work it into your trip. This is golf in the raw!!

Not to mention that Tom Doak has put the ninth on his list of templates he would like to build.
 :)

Which ninth?

Ryan Coles

Re: England/Wales trip set--- your thoughts
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2016, 04:43:20 AM »
It seems many think a links is only authentic if it has cattle and shit everywhere and quirk the merican's can't get at home.

Garland - I think you should give Saunton another go. You played it in the year of the Braunton floods which was a freak. Two or three I'm sure you could make a valid case for, but I'd be interested in your list of the other 9 or 10 courses in this region that are better than Saunton.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:48:56 AM by Ryan Coles »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back