News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Fire destroys Yahnundasis Cart barn
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
A big fire destroyed between 35-40 cart and portions of the cart barn at Walter Travis's Yahnundasis Golf Club last night.

http://www.wktv.com/news/321490951.html

Man, the club's had a lot of bad breaks to bounce back from of late...still, there are some excellent holes on that course...

P.S.  having a fantastic time covering the PGA and hanging with the one and only Dick Daley.  If you're at the tournament, let's catch up and walk a few holes.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Chris DeNigris

Re: Fire destroys Yahnundasis Cart barn
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »
There are a few GCA folks that will be asked to provide alibis  ;)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »
Melvyn is in Scotland. Cross him off the list.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

MCirba

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
Terrific course that's very underrated.

However, I wouldn't write off Melvyn just yet.   Although he eschews technology used to corrupt the traditional game, I don't believe he'd be opposed to forming a drone army to do his bidding.    ;D
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Stephen Northrup

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »
Played the Yahni last summer for the first time since high school (30 years ago). Safe to say my local knowledge had all faded away. The front nine has some fantastic undulating holes, and the course as a whole deserves more attention. The only disappointing holes are on the back nine where a couple of low-lying holes can get rather swampy.

Sorry to hear about the carts, but despite the hills it's a very walkable course like most of its era. Perhaps a few more members will rediscover the joys of walking during the short-term cart shortage.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »
I like the opening stretch of holes, especially three and four.  Although the blind pond on 3 is a drawback, the approach is thrilling.  And the par-5 sixth reminds me of Merion. And they have an excellent Biarritz on 11.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Mike Hendren

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »
Not sure I'd call the 11th a Biarritz but it makes my all-time quirk list.  RonMon sent me some excellent photographs and I keep imploring him to post them.  Now's the time Ronnie boy.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Randy Thompson

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Worked there one summer during college many moons ago (1977), would love to see it again with my hopefully better trained eye!

Dan Boerger

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
Sad news for what is a great layout. I do understand they have had more than their share of challenges over the past few years. Hopefully this won't be too much of a setback.

"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Jay Flemma

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back