News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Re: UK GCA Knock-Out 2020 - Draw at Reply 28
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2022, 04:42:29 AM »
Congratulations James and hard luck David, a fine effort. I'm envious of both of you playing at Dunbar, a course I've yet to experience. Hopefully this years comp won't take quite as long to play !

Also, well done Mike on the scoreboard. An essential in keeping everyone organised.

Niall

ps. there was talk about a Clan Gathering of GCA, mainly from me it has to be said. Unfortunately events kind of overtook me and I didn't get a chance to look into organising something. If anyone else has any ideas and wants to give it a go then please feel free.

James Reader

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2022, 07:15:54 AM »
Thanks for the game David.  If you hadn’t hit your 2-iron more than 280 yards into a burn on the 6th it might have been a different result!

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon on a course that I hadn’t played before but am very glad that I now have. The stretch from 9 to 13 is particularly good and the back nine as a whole was pretty challenging into the prevailing wind. I can only imagine how tough it must be when the rough is up. 

Thanks to everyone involved in making the 2020 (to 2022!) event happen.  It seems an awfully long time ago since Mark Pearce and I started off with a game at York.

Alan Joss

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
All, Well done James, hard luck David. I can’t seem to find a thread for the 2022 UK match play, can someone point me to it. James mentioned some UK events/get together and I would be interested in attending if possible. Thanks Alan

Niall C

« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:07 AM »
Alan

Unfortunately for you the draw has already been made for this years comp but hopefully you will be able to join in with any of the Clan Gatherings or even join some of the matches in the knock-out as an "observer". In terms of the Clan Gathering it was either going to be Craigie Hill, Perth which I was going to organise or alternatively Pitreavie which Mr Bonnar was going to arrange. Neither has happened. I spoke to Martin on the phone the other night so hopefully one of us will get something organised before long.

Of course it doesn't need to be those two courses and if anyone has the time and energy to organise something else then I'm sure Martin and I would be grateful  ;D

Where is it you are based and where do you play ?

Niall

Alan Joss

« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2022, 08:21:01 AM »
Hi Niall,

I live in Aberdeen and play at Royal Aberdeen.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2022, 09:23:07 AM »
Hi Niall,

I live in Aberdeen and play at Royal Aberdeen.

Nice to see you here, Alan. I’m very much looking forward to my first visit to Royal Aberdeen later this month.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back