News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Rogers

It seems that way to me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:31:56 AM by Carl Rogers »
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Jason Thurman

Re: Masters 2015 ... The most wide open ever?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
Not at all. If you go back to aerials from the '30s and '40s, the course was much more wide open than it is now.

See this thread for more information on your architecturally pertinent question: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,51383.0.html
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Carl Rogers

Re: Masters 2015 winners & contenders?? ... The most wide open ever?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »
Jason, sorry for the confusion .... I was trying to ellicit who might win or contend and that is what I meant by "wide open".
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Brent Hutto

Re: Masters 2015 winners & contenders?? ... The most wide open ever?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »
Carl,

I think JT is a bit like JK in that he is not confused nearly as often as one might suppose...

Ryan Bass

Re: Masters 2015 winner & contenders?? ... The most wide open ever?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »
In its current architectural iteration, ANGC caters to the bombers.  The way JB Holmes is putting, I'd peg him as a favorite. 

John McCarthy

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »
Spieth can just get it in the hole.  The chipping can be fraught and there is no fear in that lad.  I'd take Johnson from the bomber crew.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
Would be nice to have a starred jammed leaderboard from start to finish
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Matt Waidmann

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 08:26:14 AM »
If the course gets soaked throughout the week, as it has the potential to do right now, the field is not wide open anymore.  The bombers will have a huge advantage, in particular Rory, he seems to be ultra-focused this week.  Jason Day, Mickelson, & Bubba will be there on Sunday afternoon as well.  It is Rory's to lose though. 

Jud_T

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
took JB Holmes at 30-1 to be highest finishing American.  May not happen, but you gotta like those odds with his length and the way he's been playing of late.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

MClutterbuck

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »
Rainy finish? Angel Cabrera and Adam Scott

jeffwarne

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
took JB Holmes at 30-1 to be highest finishing American.  May not happen, but you gotta like those odds with his length and the way he's been playing of late.

THAT is good bet at those odds
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Marc Haring

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
I've got Padraig at 150 to 1 and Vijay at 600. Hoping that one of them's got a divine swan song. ???

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »
If the course gets soaked throughout the week, as it has the potential to do right now, the field is not wide open anymore.  The bombers will have a huge advantage, in particular Rory, he seems to be ultra-focused this week.  Jason Day, Mickelson, & Bubba will be there on Sunday afternoon as well.  It is Rory's to lose though. 

Even if they get rain on Thursday night/ Friday morning, the landing areas will be dry within an hour.  They have installed Sub-Air in all of the landing areas for drives on most every hole.  I flew over this Summer and saw they were completing work in #9 and #10 fairway as well.  Does anyone else know which fairways have the system?

If you go out there during rain, you can walk the holes and hear the systems working.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back