News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Stranahan Course, Bristol (tour by drone)
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Paul Carey

Re: Stranahan Course, Bristol (tour by drone)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Pretty cool.   You get a much better feel for the topography with the drone.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:44:21 AM »
Adrian,

Thank you for this and the Seaton Carew post.

You are correct - a full-screen view is best - a bit mind blowing when first opened through, what with the curvature effect.

Would I be correct in assuming that on the shorter hoels the operator is near the tee and the drone takes off from there and films to the green. On the longer holes the operator is in the buggy in the fairway and controls the drone taking off from the tee and then flying on to over the green? Is the 'flying' all manual or are GPS coordinates involved?

Was it a long process time wise to get all 18-holes filmed?

I'd love to see something similar from head-high for the aspect of small contour changes etc. I'm sure that'll come in due course.

Well posted. Yet another reason for me to journey to just north of Bristol.

atb
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:49:58 AM by Thomas Dai »

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Adrian,

Thank you for this and the Seaton Carew post.

You are correct - a full-screen view is best - a bit mind blowing when first opened through, what with the curvature effect.

Would I be correct in assuming that on the shorter hoels the operator is near the tee and the drone takes off from there and films to the green. On the longer holes the operator is in the buggy in the fairway and controls the drone taking off from the tee and then flying on to over the green? Is the 'flying' all manual or are GPS coordinates involved?

Was it a long process time wise to get all 18-holes filmed?

I'd love to see something similar from head-high for the aspect of small contour changes etc. I'm sure that'll come in due course.

Well posted. Yet another reason for me to journey to just north of Bristol.

atb
Hi Thomas; The drones operate at up to 500 metres,they like to follow the buggy along just to be sure. I don't know the answer to your manual/co-ordinates question. It only took about 2 and a half hours to film. I agree it would seem better more at head level, a lot of the contours dont get shown up. I am thinking of getting a drone myself they are fairly inexpensive now, our third hole is not so good as it is into the sun, wherby the next hole looks good with the sun behind, perhaps early morning or late evening could produce better shots. It cost about £1000 to do and £2000 if you have the Peter Alliss commentary. Adam Quigley is the chap, he is a member of Cleeve Hill and there is a tour of that on youtube. I guess they can be contacted from that.

Adrian
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Thomas Dai

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:47:50 AM »
Adrian,

Thank you for the details. I shall pass them on.

atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back