News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Krume

Have you played a course on your bucket list recently
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »
After many years waiting I finally played Rye(UK) last Sunday and I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed by anything. What a par 68!!

Sam Krume

Re: Have you played a course on your bucket list recently
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »
I think the 1st is a good opening hole, allowing you to get a bit of confidence as you begin with three shots to get your round underway, the 10th & 11th i think are again a nice introduction to the back nine(reminded me of the Kintyre at Turnberry) and the 17th is probably the weakest of the whole 18. An idea but is this blasphemy, I think there is enough room to the left of the 10th fairway, to the left of the 17th green that they could do a beautiful little rising mini dune, crazy I know....

Carl Rogers

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
yesterday played Pine Needles...need more plays to form opinion.  Last year played Dormie
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »
I think the 1st is a good opening hole, allowing you to get a bit of confidence as you begin with three shots to get your round underway, the 10th & 11th i think are again a nice introduction to the back nine(reminded me of the Kintyre at Turnberry) and the 17th is probably the weakest of the whole 18. An idea but is this blasphemy, I think there is enough room to the left of the 10th fairway, to the left of the 17th green that they could do a beautiful little rising mini dune, crazy I know....

I really do love Rye.   1 is a gentle handshake.  10 is okay, tough par.  11 is weird but you better know where to hit the tee ball.  I don't think 17 is a bad hole at all, requires a precise mid iron to get on the green.    Everything else is wonderful. 

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
I have never quite understood the dislike of #1, 11 & 17; especially 11 - this is a great driving hole and finishes with a good green and 17 - a great switch up to alll the raised 3s, plus its a lot tougher than it looks.  I can understand not liking 10.  Its a tough, bland hole without much beauty to redeem it.  Plus, the 17th green is a good angle of approach  8).  There is some kinda conspiracy among Dealies to take pot shots at Rye whenever there is half a chance  ;).

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Sean_A

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:49:45 AM »
Your mind never wanders far from the house.  I am surpised you don't didn't look to join a club with indoor putt putt thru the lounge  ;D

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back