News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cliff Hamm

Naples to Fort Myers
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
Heading down to our condo shortly between Naples and Fort Myers. For the month of October we have available many reciprocals on other private courses. Plan on playing Twin Eagles but after that I'm not sure. I'm familiar with some of the courses but would like opinions on others that provide enjoyable golf.

Thanks

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Naples to Fort Myers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
I would play The Colony again in a heartbeat, see if you can get onto The Hideout too. A lot of the WCI courses are fun to play but tend to look like. I just remember the 18th at The Colony having a nice closing hole, interesting  green complex. Hole location was back left, you needed a nice high draw to get close. Tiburon was a nice track too, overpriced, but nice.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Ryan Kelly

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
My parents were members at Naples Grande and I always enjoyed playing there.  Nothing significant with the architecture, but I always thought it was a very fun course to play.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »
Calusa Pines, Sara Bay(bit of a drive), Naples National are very good. Avoid Old Corkscrew unless you are into pain.

HarryBrinkerhoffDoyleIV_aka_Barry

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
I second Calusa Pines!  Great track IMO.

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Fiddlesticks Long Mean is worth a visit.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
Calusa Pines and Hideout should top your list if you can get a tee time at either (Hideout is probably easier, CP usually opens mid-Oct).

Then I'd rank the following:

Naples National
Mediterra South
Twin Eagles (haven't played the new one)
Bonita Bay East
The Quarry
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Jonathan Decker

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »
I spend my winters in Naples (working) and have had the pleasure of playing a few of the courses mentioned above.  

I would recommend any of the following:

Hideout - The name fits it well.  A really fun course with flat, albeit extremely fast greens.  Probably not the toughest to get on in October.

Naples Grande - A good course that gets quite a bit of play during the season.  Really firm greens from being reconstructed in the summer of 2011.  I would recommend playing here if Calusa, Naples National, or Hideout are not an option.

Naples National - A really strong course that may have gotten better as they reconstructed all 18 green complexes as well as changed some green-side bunkers.  Possibly the first Hurdzan-Fry course built.  A great course to walk with a caddie!

PM me if you would like any additional info on golf in Naples.

JC Jones

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »
Calusa Pines and Hideout should top your list if you can get a tee time at either (Hideout is probably easier, CP usually opens mid-Oct).

Then I'd rank the following:

Naples National
Mediterra South
Twin Eagles (haven't played the new one)
Bonita Bay East
The Quarry

Hideout > Calusa.  A really fun course made for gambling.  A rare "I would join in a second" course for me.

Calusa is ok, not cup of tea.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back