News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Gayne

Liberty National and Bayonne Golf club
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
Any discernible differences? Both built around the same time with skyline views of NYC on similar sites.

Richard Choi

Re: Liberty National and Bayonne Golf club
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
Bayonne is a marvel of engineering and golf course architecture that squeezes as much as possible out of a tight, challenging property. That is a special place to play golf.

You can check it out here:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,46325.0.html

Liberty National, on the other hand.... hosts Barclay every few years.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:57:37 PM by Richard Choi »

Steve Kline

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
I heard guys raving about Liberty National on the range at my club this afternoon. They've probably never heard of Bayonne.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »
They couldn't be more different.  LN is a adequate modern design on some rolling terrain that has extraordinary views of the city skyline.  Bayonne is built on a much different site.  The clubhouse stands on the highest point of the property some 80 feet above the Hudson.  Much much more sludge that was dredged out of the Hudson was dumped on Bayonne.  Bayonne is a tribute to links golf with faux dunes and plantings that resemble flora from GB&I.  The holes at LN are separated by mounds that run down one or both sides of the fairways.  Bayonne separates the holes by elevation.  Bayonne does not have the same dramatic views as LN.  The golf, however, is really special.  I could play it everyday and not tire of the course.  It is as if someone picked up a course in Ireland and dropped it in New Jersey. I played them both on the same day. After about 12 or 13 holes at LN I was ready to be done.  After 18 at Bayonne I wanted to go back out and do it again.  So I did.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back