News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Malach

« on: April 10, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »
Hi guys

My name is Ben Malach. I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. But this year I am working at St. Andrews links. I am excited to engage in great discussion. With you all.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Ed Brzezowski

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
in St. Andrews the second week of July, let me know if you want to have a beer someplace. Welcome aboard.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »
Ben:

Curious as to what you'll be doing at St. Andrews?

Welcome,

Sven
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
Welcome Ben!
H.P.S.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »
Hi Ben,

welcome to the Forum. I am just north of Inverness, so about 2.5 hours from St. Andrews. If I get down through the year I will be sure to get in touch.

Cheers,

Jon

Ben Malach

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
I am working as a starter this year on The Old, New and Jubilee courses.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Howard Riefs

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
Welcome, Ben!

I am working as a starter this year on The Old, New and Jubilee courses.

... and congrats on your newfound popularity.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jim Colton

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Welcome! Chances are we'll be crossing paths on July 4th.

Paul Gray

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »
Welcome to the club Ben.

Look forward to hearing from you during your forthcoming adventure.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

mike_beene

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »
Will you explain to the starter from a few years ago that I would never hit a mulligan on the first tee of TOC. I don't think he realized or appreciated that it was my third shot.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »
Ben, Welcome!

I have a ritual, whenever I return to Tayside from Oz, which is to visit this Holy Grail and wander aboot The Auld Grey Toon. Much to everyone's alarm I show no inclination to play there which even I cannot understand!! Whoa I may get banned from this forum! Nonetheless I will keep a wary eye open for you when I turn up this July/August and I expect that you will have a whale of a time whilst there.
Keep rugged up in those wee starting boxes as The Firth of Tay can throw up some mucky weather.

Mike, Were you following in Ian Baker-finches' footsteps as he knocked one out of bounds off the first in '95. If the cap fits wear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eCwhzb8rA

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

mike_beene

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »
Colin, actually we had been laughing about how Baker- Finch must have totally lost his game to hit it OB there.To make matters worse there were the usual spectators leaning against the rail,one of whom kindly threw my first ball back to me.Now with an interested group of onlookers holding their tongues and looking away,I managed to fat an 8 or 9 iron about 20 yards.They will never know I pared the next 8 to break 40 going out.The back nine must have been bad because I can't remember what I shot. Tough game.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back