News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Re: How much does "playing well" influence your enjoyment of the game?
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
The primary point of the game is to play well so it is a pretty big factor for me. 

I have learned to enjoy the game when playing poorly but that has been an attitude won through enduring a bunch of miserable days and learning that whether or not I enjoy the day is my choice.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
The venue upon which I am playing can make a big difference in the scale of the answer.
Overall the self performance is highly realted to my level of enjoyment, but I would be willing to cut myslef more slack if the course was in my top 100 for example.
The mode of the day to, Competetive day or simply a friendly round, that would make a difference.
But in full disclosure, my personal performance on a given day does have way too much influence on my level on enjoyment :-[

Not something I am really proud to admit but true, but I am constantly working on ways to make the game more fun, working with Dr Glen Albaugh has certainly opened up a new world to me, even at this age...

Chris Johnston

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
At our place, the majority of people don't play well the first day due to travel and lack of "local" knowledge.  Fortunately, most stay multiple days and "find" their game, and also learn "scale" and holes where aggressivness is rewarded.  Those who know the course and greens are "on their heels" heckuvalot less.

It must be hard to rate a course based upon one view, especially on courses where knowing the course is vital.  Imo, local knowledge is a key component to playing well, even if you are swinging well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back