News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael George

Best Bars/Grille Rooms in Golf Clubhouse
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »

I am preparing plans for finishing my basement.  It is fairly big and will include a large bar area.  The ceiling are pretty high and I am open to using stone or brick work, as well as a hardwood floor if needed.  The motif of the bar area will be golf pictures from my favorite courses - I know, a truly original idea probably done by 90% of the people on this site.   However, in addition, I think it would be cool to try and copy the look of a great bar/grille room from a great clubhouse. 

I was wondering if anyone had ideas/pictures of their favorite bars/grille rooms.

I know this thread has nothing to do with golf courses or golf archicture so for the purests on the site, I apologize.  I am one that enjoys the total experience as much as just the golf.. thus my idea for my basement.   Anyway, thanks.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Chris Johnston

Re: Best Bars/Grille Rooms in Golf Clubhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:37 PM »
Put in a fire pit!

Josh Tarble

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
The best thing I've seen was from a picture of the Streamsong common room:  an actual cup embedded in the floor, perfect for indoor putting.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »
Perry Maxwell Room, Old Town

Lower room, CC Buffalo
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
Fireplace chipping at the Pine Crest Inn. 

Jud_T

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 03:09:28 PM »
Bob'O'Link
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »
What is the sq footage you have to work with, and what part of world/country do you live?  It seems to me that if you are entertaining you pal in the rec room, and are attempting to recreate a look or feel of an iconic grilleroom at a well recognised locale by your guests; you first should be confident that the guests have actually been there so the effect is not lost on them.  So, a recreation of the R&A member lounge probably wouldn't have much recognition of your efforts or impact on your guests.  But, if there is a grilleroom in your area, where most of your guests have very much enjoyed their time, and if that is recreatable in theme, well it just seems to me that such would be more appreciated and effective.  Of course, having historic reprint photos of famous golfers taken within the confines of the very grilleroom you are presenting would be a addied cool element.  Now that would  be a real coupe if your peeps are into that sort of thing....  :)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Shaun Feidt

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
My buddy has a golf themed basement bar.  He had time on his hands and the inomce to do it right.  He has a section away from the bar with three cups set in the floor with astroturf, and custom shelving for all his golf gear.  Really nice area for entertaining, but with the theme your going for, i don't think the astro turf and cups would fit in.  

BHoover

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 03:23:29 PM »
Michael,

If you could somehow recreate the entire clubhouse/locker room feel of The Golf Club in your basement that would be pretty cool.  At the very least, you could build a mantled fireplace with brass nameplates of all your friends who have been in your basement.  The only thing I would omit from The Golf Club theme would be the all-too-common presence of naked men playing cards and drinking beer.

;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
 ;D ;D  Now that was a good one, right there, Brian.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jud_T

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »
One thing I saw in a house was a built in golf ball display shelf.  There were tees (metal?) drilled directly into a long shelf in the living room.  Something like that would be pretty cool, depending on what you're looking to display.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »
Jud, Wow, who'd have thought there may have been a "M'Lady Creamer" playing a pink Gutta Percha ball back in the day?   ;) ;D

Chris Johnston

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »
Michael

I'll contribute a "weathered" Dismal River flag for the man cave.  In exchange for beers, of course.

CJ

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
You could have a velvet painting of naked dogs playing cards...that always adds the proper touch of finery.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

BHoover

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »
To borrow a few phrases from Ron Burgundy, your new basement should have "many leather-bound books" and should "smell of rich mahogany."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back