News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

GCA, music, serendipity...
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:14:36 AM »
One of my most favorite CDs I play in the car is; "Time Out" by Dave Brubeck Quartet.  We lost that great artist today...Something really hit me about Dave Brubeck when I heard the news of his passing.  His music was a sort of sound track to my early life as I heard his selections constantly on our family tavern-restaurant juke box many times a night.  Paul Desmond's comp, "Take Five" and Brubeck's "Blue Rondo ala Turk" were something of a Bohemian-pre-hippie era anthem of the 50s early 60s.  And, that was our clientele.

I had a moment of what I think might be serendipitous.  I was leaving an after season's over visit to Dismal River, a year or so ago.  I had just had a tour around the property from Chris Johnson, who was nice enough to stick around a day or so longer before retiring to Jackson Hole for the winter.  It was an exhilarating tour around an exciting new project, in a spectacularly awe inspiring setting.  As I left the property gate for the long drive back to the highway, I inadvertently slipped in "Time Out".  It just hit me and captured my feeling of how dynamic and uplifting it was to see the developing golf course project in that setting. It just seemed right. Blue Rondo ala Turk, and Take Five just do it for me!  8)

Do you identify any music tracks that just coincidentally take you to a golf place or define a golf course aesthetic experience?

"Time Out" is a great music background to drive through the Sand Hills.... to my way of thinking. 

RIP Dave Brubeck.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Peter Pallotta

Re: GCA, music, serendipity...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »
Indeed, RJ - rest in peace Mr. Brubeck. And to Paul Desmond too - as someone once noted, his alto sax sounded like a dry martini.

Peter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back