News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

C. Squier

Re: Attracting Younger Members
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Pat - difficult to disagree but often it's the younger players who fail to get around quickly, lining up every putt from 3 sides, peering through rangefinders and pacing distances.

I was at a major foursomes tournament earlier this year. On a par 3 the partners walked forward and were greenside. Player A hit to around 6 feet, B nearly holed it and was a foot away for a certain 2. A's partner hadn't hit his putt in the time it took A to walk the 150yds from tee to green. Bloody disgrace they should have been DQ'd.

Yeah, all the middle aged guys at my club play in ~3 hours.  Darn young people  ::)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Mark,

Irrespective of who contributes to slow play, once it takes hold, once it becomes part of the golf culture at the club,  it's difficult to undo.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »
Pace of play was top 2 or 3 on my reasons of joining a club. Extremely important in my mind.

I think quick play stems more from consideration for your fellow golfer than anything else in specific.

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »
The beauty of a private club is that pace if play is enforced by members... not rangers or staff.  We have had slow players threatened with expulsion from their "gang some" due to slow play.  The unwritten rule is that if you are slow you will either play by yourself or be stuck with the last tee time with the other slow players in tournaments.  It's a wonderful thing!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back