News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

jkinney

ASKERNISH photos (con't)
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:17:51 PM »
I will attempt to load all the photos from my written thread by themselves in the same order as I comment on them in the original thread. Either I'm the village idiot, or this process of weaving photos and text together is way too difficult.  I dare not attempt the whole process again.

jkinney

Re: ASKERNISH photos (con't)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
They're all there.....see ASKERNISH OPEN weekend(Aug.24-26)w/PHOTOS for the descriptions. Sorry again.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:10:27 PM »
I love that shot of Old Tom's Pulpit.  Cool plateau-esque green with the pin up-top.  Nice!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

jkinney

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Mac -- That's the back of the 8th green. I've not yet posted the back nine. See the thread with my descriptions.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
You are killin' me with the two threads.   ;D ;D ;D

Did you play to the top or bottom green on 16?

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

jkinney

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:54 PM »
Mac - Over the three days, middle & bottom. Lots of photos of that hole coming up.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:55 AM »
JK I'm enjoying the photo's

At the risk of being a bit obvious, I've always found it easier to work on these posts on a Word document.  Leave a space betwenn photos and text comentary and again after the text and hopefully it will all work out fine.  Cut and paste into box.

IF in any doubt go to a thread where someone has had success, press Quote and you see how they laid there's out.  YOu don't have to post the quote if you just want a look.

and if that doesn't work?  No idea sorry.
Let's make GCA grate again!

jkinney

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
Thanks, Tony. I'll see if I can get the back nine pgotos melded with text.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
Wonderful open space.

Tell me about the rabbits, Lenny?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

jkinney

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
The rabbit warrens are all over the course, but seem lesser in number as course conditioning improves. Now I know why the rule book grants relief from burrowing animal holes ! No pesticides are used at Askernish, to the best of my knowledge, and the wildlife is plentiful. Highland cattle graze during the winter months, and one gets relief from the occasional cowpie. What I've not seen is the corncrake, a linksland bird that hides in the dune grasses and is the Askernish Club Logo. One hears its distinctive call but rarely catches a glimpse. I can't imagine a more unspoiled and natural setting for a golf course. If only I could go back in a time machine and be with Old Tom Morris as he first surveyed the dunes under Lady Cathcart's patronage back around 1890 !

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back