News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Occupy King's Putter 2013
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
The Kings putter would be awesome in October.  The temps are still terrific in Cali that time of year.

However in Washington State or Canada October can be verrrry iffy.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
Isn't Avila Beach built on or very close to a site that Dr. Mac was supposed to do that eventually fell through.

I think I have indicated on related threads in the past that I am not for Hunter Ranch.

I would have thought Tim would have mentioned Santa Maria CC having been a former member.

My semi-tour of Hunter Ranch
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39744.0.html

I tried to keep the courses within a hour drive of Dan's home base.  Santa Maria is about two hours south as well as Marshallia Ranch, The Village CC and La Purisima, all nice courses but probably too far from home base.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
Isn't Avila Beach built on or very close to a site that Dr. Mac was supposed to do that eventually fell through.

I think I have indicated on related threads in the past that I am not for Hunter Ranch.

I would have thought Tim would have mentioned Santa Maria CC having been a former member.

My semi-tour of Hunter Ranch
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39744.0.html

I tried to keep the courses within a hour drive of Dan's home base.  Santa Maria is about two hours south as well as Marshallia Ranch, The Village CC and La Purisima, all nice courses but probably too far from home base.

I had a blast playing Marshalia the one time I played it.  Some really interesting holes there.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Keith Doleshel

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
I really wanted to play Marshallia a few weeks ago when I was down on the central coast, but they had a tournament the day I was looking to play it.  Have heard almost all positive reviews of it from those who have played it.  Played La Purisima instead, what an ass kicker that place is.  It was a good golf course for the most part, had a couple of funky holes that didn't quite work, but a hell of a challenge.

As an aside, I would be interested in playing in the King's Putter in 2013.  I know I'm a relatively new guy, and haven't teed it with anyone on here, but it sounds like a hell of a good time.  I wouldn't want to take anyone's spot who has played it in the past, but do have interest if a spot should become available.  Its tough not to have a good time down on the coast.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:15:58 AM by Keith Doleshel »

Dan King

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
I think next year's King's Putter will be moving to the Spring. I picked the weekend I picked because of the anniversary of Gettysburg. I like the idea of kicking off the year with the King's Putter. Gives us Californians a tiny advantage over the people coming from the land of snow.

I guess we need to pick a weekend in April or May.  Any other events in that month we should avoid?  Anyone care if the King's Putter is the same weekend as some big tournament or anything?

Keith, first timers are welcomed. There is a wee bit of a hazing ceremony, but nothing that would do any sort of permanent damage. Once we get the weekend decided on, I'll ask for people who think they are interested, and then start looking for courses that will have room for us on the central coast.

As far as driving a couple hours, I'm open to whatever others want. I wouldn't mind seeing Marshalia.

Cheers,
Dan King
Would beach vollyball say much about proposals for federal health care reform? Could I use mumblety-peg comparisons to explain the North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations? Golf, however, is ideal for these purposes, "Christian fundamentalist put a wicked slice in the Republican party platform," "Somebody should replace the divot on the back of Al Gore's head." "Let's go hit Congress with a stick."
 --P.J. O'Rourke
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:39:00 AM by Dan King »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 02:24:04 AM »
Dan
The Kings Putter at Stevinson Ranch was played the same weekend as The Masters. We had a meeting room next to the cabins and enjoyed the telecast and some Oregon pinot noir. That was the year of Eldrick's pitch on 16. Still think McBride had the better shot.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
I would love to attend but I have to spend the weekend in a certain massage joint I was directed to near Union Square that keeps a certain putter in the window year round except for this particular weekend or theoreticaly those years when the socal group wins which is never.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back