News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Boise
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »
As a comparison, here are all the courses I've played I put as 5s...

Saddle Creek - CA
Murphy Creek - CO
Palouse Ridge - WA
Circling Raven - WA
Jack Nicklaus - Promontory - UT
South Mountain - UT
Thanksgiving Point - UT
Stevinson Ranch - UT

That's a pretty short list of 8 as I've played 123 courses total now.   Another way to look at it is, my top 26 courses played are 5 or better on the DS.  The other 97 are 4 or less obviosuly...which works out to about only 1 in 5 courses I've played I put at 5 or better.  So I don't think that ratio is out of balance.

Many on here might be familiar with Stevinson Ranch in CA, so that may be a useful reference point.  As another measuring stick, I rate Tumble Creek as a 6, Black Mesa a 7-7.5, and Chambers a 8.

Lance Rieber

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »
Sean, Kalen's list is from the Salt Lake area. We in Boise don't have a Dye , Nicklaus or Fazio.  We are still behind any place I have heard. It's not that we don't have #s it's just we don't have any that are worthy of driving out of the way for.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
Just as an interesting activity, I put together a graph to show how the courses I've played stack up in terms of where I think they are on the DS.

Andy, you going to post yours?  ;)

Mark Johnson

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
Just as an interesting activity, I put together a graph to show how the courses I've played stack up in terms of where I think they are on the DS.

Andy, you going to post yours?  ;)

Thanks Kalen-- now I am going to have to spend 2 hours this afternoon doing the same thing.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
Kalen,
I wouldn't want to steal your thunder! Especially with 393 courses to rate!  ;)

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
What happened to discussion about Boise you guys.

Lance Rieber

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:59 AM »
I have talked to a local architect and am surprised about how many people have ideas about courses and how often they don't get past the drawing phase. I wonder if any architects on this site have been in Boise to look over a property. I think the southeast end of the valley, towards lucky peak, has a lot of potential for a  really neat course. Great movement of land and views of the river.  How many of you have played here and what do you think was the best course you played?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back