News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

Re: Caddies at Bandon
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
I'm with Paul on that one.

There are also pop-culture references to "The Great Cornholio" and "that [expletive] Cornballer" that come to mind.

Tom Yost

Re: Caddies at Bandon
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
"Nice of the caddies to pay homage to Southern Ohio as the home of cornhole.  You cannot go to a bar with a patio in Cincinnati in the summer and not find cornhole being played..."

Apparently, where I come from, "cornhole" has a completely different meaning.

I grew up in SW Ohio but moved away long ago.  I still have family and friends there and on one of my occasional visits a few years back, I was introduced to the game.

Our first day in town we were eating breakfast and I was reading the local newspaper when I spotted the headline "CornHole Tournament."

I leaned over to my son, pointed to the article and asked, "does this say what I think it says?"

Later, asked my brother and he laughed and explained the game.  Tried to anyway.  For the remainder of the visit, whenever I encountered other family or friends, I would ask about cornhole.  Each person gave somewhat sketchy descriptions of how the game works, but I did get the clear and consistent picture that drinking is involved.

Another interesting observation I made about SW Ohio folks.  Whenever you visit someone they will always offer a beer.  Funny thing is no one keeps beers in the refrigerator, it is virtually always iced down and ready to go in a cooler out on the porch.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back