News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_beene

Re: Dallas National GC
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:18 AM »
I hope I have not spoken out of turn and that they can succeed.They have been very accommodating to reciprocal play over the years.I like the course a lot .It feels
Ike a traditional parkland course with small greens that slope with the land.A few of the holes across the creek have the river bottom feel which I don't care for and are kind of flat to elevated greens.The middle part of the property has some nice roll to it.The back tees have one water carry that some good players can't make which is a negative.Is it my favorite course in town?No.But I like it more than all but a small number of courses in the area and hope it survives and thrives

Sam Morrow

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
I hope I have not spoken out of turn and that they can succeed.They have been very accommodating to reciprocal play over the years.I like the course a lot .It feels
Ike a traditional parkland course with small greens that slope with the land.A few of the holes across the creek have the river bottom feel which I don't care for and are kind of flat to elevated greens.The middle part of the property has some nice roll to it.The back tees have one water carry that some good players can't make which is a negative.Is it my favorite course in town?No.But I like it more than all but a small number of courses in the area and hope it survives and thrives

How much do you think it gets looked down upon because of it's location?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
Here is 1 photo I took, of the 18th a par 5 that's fairly long.  The pin was on the left which is the easiest spot.  Back right pin would be almost impossible.  For the life of me I can't figure why Fazio placed the bunker to the left of the green so far away from the green?  It has to be 40 yards away and doesn't do anything except maybe frame the hole.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Joel that bunker is actually in play for the player who tries to put it up near the green but doesn't want to challenge the hazard. I've seen someone in the bunker and have been just short of it when the hole was downwind.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
Joel
There are few Fazio courses without a strong visual finish (lots of aesthetic bunkers), even if Sam and his buddies find them.
Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
Joel
There are few Fazio courses without a strong visual finish (lots of aesthetic bunkers), even if Sam and his buddies find them.
Cheers

That hurts. ;D

mike_beene

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
Sam,to your question,location probably hurts OCCC a little but in reality Dallas has several fine clubs in lock your door areas(Brook Hollow, Royal Oaks come to mind).It is close to the freeways and was a great deal but just didn't make it .I am surprised.It is no harder to get to than Dallas National and it is a lot better deal.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:03 AM »
Sam,to your question,location probably hurts OCCC a little but in reality Dallas has several fine clubs in lock your door areas(Brook Hollow, Royal Oaks come to mind).It is close to the freeways and was a great deal but just didn't make it .I am surprised.It is no harder to get to than Dallas National and it is a lot better deal.

I kind of figured location is what hurt OCCC. I was told the entire reason they changed the name was because golfers didn't like the Oak Cliff stigma. Aside from being in the not best area you're right, it's super easy to get to.

mike_beene

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:22 AM »
There are some really nice areas in Oak Cliff,especially in Kessler Park near the Stevens golf course.And DN does ok there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back