News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Sherer

Re: What are the top 5 restorations in golf
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »

[/quote]

How many on here have actually seen the work in person? Or is everyone just judging by the pictures?
[/quote]

I was a part of the construction crew out at LACC North.....our company (Hawk Shaw Golf Course Construction) worked with Gil / Jim / Geoff / et. al. on the project.  From the outset, it was explicit that this project was going to be VERY special!  It was a very aggressive schedule to complete the project, but at no time were the important details overlooked.

I can honestly say that the restoration of LACC is easily a "Top 5" candidate. 

Here are a few more pics of the construction and project:

http://hawkshawgolf.com/HSGCC_Los_Angeles_Country_Club.html
"Spem successus alit"
 (success nourishes hope)

- Ross clan motto

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
LA North x 5 for me.......

LACC jumps out to the lead with 7 votes!

How many on here have actually seen the work in person? Or is everyone just judging by the pictures?

Pat, I have seen it in person, and posted some photos in a thread in late october on the topic.

Unfortunately, other topics were more important and moved the thread to page 8 on short order.

Adam, thanks for the link.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Jim Eder

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »
Jon's post and pics were an excellent preview of the wonderful work done. I too was surprised it didn't get more attention/discussion as LACC is an amazingly special place. Captain Thomas would be proud I believe.

Adam, thanks for the link and great work!!! You all did an amazing job!!  Congrats.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
Adam,

Thanks for the link to the pics! What was your role with the team? Your gang has turned out some impressive work.

I've played LA North only once, in 2001, and still have it in my Top 5. With the redo, I gotta get another taste!
That Walker Cup there is going to be special...I'm there if I'm upright.

Cheers to you and the team for a superb effort. I look forward to a first-hand experience.

Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
Where is all the love for Wampanoag from the 80's and Yale from the early 2000's?

Anyone notice that all except Bethpage are private or semi private golf courses?

Who said anything about Bethpage Black being a restoration?

Yeah, who knows what Burbeck would think of his design now?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I'm bumping this because of the feature interview with Al and his work at Cal Club.  It was my first round at the renovated Cal Club that inspired this thread.  I don't think there is any question on the significance of the work done at Cal Club.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back