News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Jack Nicklaus GC Korea to host 2015 Presidents Cup
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »
Not exactly Royal Melbourne West. Anyone play it?

http://pgat.us/6017ZUSR

http://es.pn/15cDbxS
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Josh Stevens

Re: Jack Nicklaus GC Korea to host 2015 Presidents Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
Oh, lord help us, its horrid!!!  What are they thinking

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
I think staging the event in South Korea is a very good idea. It is nice to see it move to the Asian mainland and beyond the "usual suspects." The quality of the course is secondary.

Matt Kardash

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Based on that pic I would have never guessed that was a course built in 2010. Looks like 1987!!
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Matthew Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
My first thought was "another Nicklaus?"

Is there anything else there that would be suitable, though?

I think going to SK is a good idea, though.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Leo Barber

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:50 AM »
I think its great to see it move around the member nations, long may it continue and a perfect opportunity for the USPGA to grow the game outside of the traditional super powers.  New Zealand 2019

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
I think its great to see it move around the member nations, long may it continue and a perfect opportunity for the USPGA to grow the game outside of the traditional super powers.  New Zealand 2019

Leo:

New Zealand would be a long shot, really.  The reason it is going to South Korea has mostly to do with K.J. Choi who has been playing in the event for years.  It went to Canada for Mike Weir, same reason.  Look at the roster of guys who have played in the event, and you can probably guess where it's going to go next time it's in the "Rest of the World".  My guess:  Argentina.

Derek Dirksen

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »
It will be a big hit with the Koreans.  Lots of spectators and lots of advertising. South Korea has 2 full time golf channels there.  They will eat it up. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back