News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Fowler

Payne Stewart Golf Club Branson, MO
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:53:06 AM »
Had a chance to tour the new Payne Stewart Golf Club in Branson, Mo this weekend. 9 holes are open for play the other 9 are to open in the Spring. The property is very hilly with fescue rough, bent greens and zoysia fairways.  The course is supposed to be one of the best in Missouri once it opens completely. I believe Bobby Clampett was involved in the design. The clubhouse is gorgeous. It's got lots of Payne's clothing, pictures, Ryder Cup Bags etc on display. It sure brings back memories of a great champion with a classic golf swing.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Payne Stewart Golf Club Branson, MO
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »
http://www.paynestewartgolfclub.com/share-your-favorite-story/sample-stories.asp

Clicking on the above link you gotta love how Payne would play his bunker shots left handed.  Gillette Silver told me once how Payne explained to him that he first started this practice when he injured his right elbow while bow hunting wild turkey.  I'm going to contact Gillette and see if he will submit the story for inclusion on the site.

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »
JK,
Send Gillette my best. Tell him that I'm still waiting for that contact next time he is in town so he and I can go play access whore together.

We are fortunate here in the North Orange County area, as we have Payne's one and only golf course design--make that co-design Coyote Hills.

Pete Balzer

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
Has anyone played this course? Thoughts?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back