News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

C & C
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »

Who does what?

John_Cullum

Re: C & C
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »
C does this and that. C does the other
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
C does this and that. C does the other
+1

Peter

Edit:  I think C also sometimes does the other, but not often.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
Pretty sure Freedom Williams was the MC and Martha Wash handled the vocals.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:19 PM »
C doesn't play on tour, and C sometimes does that too.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

John_Conley

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »
Ben Crenshaw is not comfortable talking in front of people and prefers to have Bill Coore give presentations.  I learned that during an early look at Sugarloaf Mountain when travel delays detained Bill.  Crenshaw is so genuine that everyone enjoyed hearing him talk about designing the course and golf in general.  He did mention a few times that he wished his partner had made it in that morning!

Jim Nugent

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 04:45:37 AM »
This question has come up before on GCA.  IIRC, Coore does the lion's share of the work.  He does most of the routings.  He spends lots of time onsite.  Ben goes over the routing.  He makes some routing/construction visits and does some detail work.  That's what I recall from before, anyway.   

Mike Viscusi

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
Is it fair to say that Coore is more of the driving force behind making a C&C course great?  i.e. if you could only pick between Coore or Crenshaw to design a course, would Coore be the majority pick?

Greg Tallman

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
Is it fair to say that Coore is more of the driving force behind making a C&C course great?  i.e. if you could only pick between Coore or Crenshaw to design a course, would Coore be the majority pick?

Without question

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
Interesting......which one to take over the other..hopefully it doesnt come to that atany time...I think Weiskopf/Morrish were better as a team for example.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back