News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

"Belfy Sale Drawing Global Interest"
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

Re: "Belfy Sale Drawing Global Interest"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »
Sean Quinn was once estimated to be worth €4.7 billion. He was declared bankrupt in Dublin yesterday.

Neil White

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:30:23 AM »
Donal,

And here was me thinking "he's taking a £120M hit on the price of the Belfry........?"

Neil.

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
probably best if that course becomes a potato farm again
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
If you did a poll of where most people want to play in England it might come out number 1.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:10:22 AM by Adrian_Stiff »
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
If you did a poll of where most people want to play in the England it might come out number 1.
Quite possible for both these comments to be true.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
Potatoes fields dont make £100,000,000 though and there lies the reason why a tater field aint best.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
If the Belfry was making £100m it wouldn't be on sale for £60m!  Does anyone have access to their figures, I wonder?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »
Mark I heard is was for sale a few months back, they wanted 100 million. I dont know what it makes but it must be close to the most financially sucessfull course, I think they are the busiest society course in the UK. 60 million is actually a big hit now, because if you strip the hotel bit out, it does not value the course too much, they do go hand in hand but 324 busy rooms is worth a lot...perhaps even the 60mill.

David_Tepper

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

Niall C

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
If the Belfry was making £100m it wouldn't be on sale for £60m!  Does anyone have access to their figures, I wonder?

Is it possible for any golf course to make £100m based on its turnover as opposed to any underlying value ?

Niall

David_Tepper

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
Niall -

My guess is that profit figure is for the whole hotel/golf/spa resort, not just for the golf course operations.

DT

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »
Its not 100 Million profit. I typed 100 Million in as the price I thought it was for sale, its apparently 60 Million, in this economy and at firesale that prbably equates to 6 Million.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
Past owner - De Vere Hotels are actually selling off some assets -
http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/16/01/2012/341931/De-Vere-to-sell-five-properties-ahead-of-Village-Hotels.htm

I doubt they would want to re buy the Belfry. It also has be noticed that they are to invest in 3 brand new Village Hotels as well as £5.5m update of Mottram Hall.

It is unlikely that Marriot will bid as it is too close proximity to the Forest of Arden which I think has a better Championship Course.

Cheers
Ben

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back