News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Pasatiempo, here I come!
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:41:41 PM »
Going to play in the Stocker Cup qualifier there on October 4th. My game's not quite ready yet, so I'm not too confident, but I can't pass up a chance to play Pasa! Played it once before with a few GCA lads a few years ago, and can't wait to play again!

Patrick Kiser

Re: Pasatiempo, here I come!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
David,

Then you know to stay BELOW the hole.  I think you'll notice some of the latest changes. All for the better I think.

Good luck!
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Alex Miller

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
Have fun!

I played there almost 2 weeks ago. Loved every minute of it. If there's one thing I learned there, it's that yardage can mean very little, and the bunkers are NOT just for show.

Having a good day with the driver is also helpful  :)

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:01:24 AM »
David, Good luck on qualifying. The Stoker looked like a great tournament to be a player. Let us know of your impressions of the Preserve, when you qualify.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
David, Good luck on qualifying. The Stoker looked like a great tournament to be a player. Let us know of your impressions of the Preserve, when you qualify.

Stoker Cup? Isn't that played in Pittsburgh in remembrance of stoking the furnaces of the steel industry?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David Ober

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »

Stoker Cup? Isn't that played in Pittsburgh in remembrance of stoking the furnaces of the steel industry?

Oops!! "Stocker" Cup!!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »

Oops!! "Stocker" Cup!!!

Stocker Cup? Isn't that played on a cow pasture pool venue in Montana with stock aplenty on the grounds?

Not your Oops David, It was Adam's Oops. ;)

Good luck at Pasa!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David Ober

Re: Pasatiempo, here I come! Anyone want to join me on 10/3 late afternoon?
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
I'm going to get in a practice round on Monday, 10/3. Anyone interested in joining me sometime around 1:00 to 2:00?  :)

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
I have some buddies that have played in the tournament and said it is fantastic. Good luck.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »
David

Any chance you want to expand on why you like it so much ? favourite holes ? least favourite ? rather than just state you're going back there

David Ober

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
David

Any chance you want to expand on why you like it so much ? favourite holes ? least favourite ? rather than just state you're going back there

Love the 3rd, the 11th, and the 16th. The third is just a beast of a par-3 that requires a very precise tee-ball to hit the green. If you miss the green in an direction, you are left with a difficult up and down, almost no matter where the pin is located. great long par 3 IMHO.

The 11th is just a great approach and a great, very tough green. The green is situated above and to the left of you, and high fade is the shot of choice into the extremely pitched green that is guarded by nasty bunkers on the left and right. Very high "pucker factor" on this shot -- especially during a tournament.

The 16th has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. Love the green, as it's so severe, but still "fair," IMHO.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back