News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Durness is doing it right!
« on: April 18, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »
Durness GC (if not at the end of the world, not too far from it ;)) has opened a 6-hole junior course: 

http://www.northern-times.co.uk/News/New-six-hole-course-for-Durness-juniors-18042012.htm

Niall C

Re: Durness is doing it right!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »
"These are still maturing and won’t be in use until lambing time is over and the sheep have left the course for the summer season."

Now even Melvyn would be impressed with that type of course construction  ;D

Niall

Rich Goodale

Re: Durness is doing it right!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
I played Durness for the first time last month.  Well......"played" is not completely honest as the four holes (1-2, 8-9) that Josie and I completed was a survival test rather than a game of golf.  The first hole (~290 yards uphill) was straight into a 50-60 mph gale.  I got on the green with a drive, rescue club, 6 iron and punched 8 iron (all hit reasonably well).  That being said, the course had the feel of Brora 30 years ago before it got all posh, and the views were spectacular (whenever it was safe to lift your head above the ground).  I'll go back again, maybe this summer.  And, as David says, they are doing it right.  Low key, simple clubhouse (with world class views across the bay at dunes that would make the Donald (or any member at Carne or Cruden Bay) salivate) and a part of the community.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back