News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

hhuffines

Highland Falls - NC
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
Just drove past Highland Falls earlier today and wonder if anyone here has played it and what your thoughts might be?  Is it the Mickelson course that was advertised a few years ago?  Thanks!

Bart Bradley

Re: Highland Falls - NC
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
Hart:

I am pretty certain that Mickelson's course was to be called "River Rock".

Google says Highland Falls was designed by Joe Lee...
http://www.clubhfcc.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=220970&ssid=66754&vnf=1

Bart
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:32:26 AM by Bart Bradley »

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
Hart,

I played HF a few years ago and it is an enjoyable course.  Excellent conditions, lots of water and a very short Par 3 with a waterfall in the background, the hole almost felt too forced in an otherwise pleasant routing.  Worth a visit if you are in the area, but architecturally there are better options nearby.

Mark

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
Is it in Highlands?  I guess the big old name there is Highlands CC, where Bobby Jones hung out in the summer.   Looks like a cool place.  Most of the newer courses in that area are mountainous, with carts the only option.

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »
Bill,

Yes, it is in Highlands, NC.  Great area, especially in the Summer for cooler temps and very beautiful in the fall.

Hope all is well,

Mark

hhuffines

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 06:15:54 PM »
Thanks fellas!  Yes, it is very close to Highlands and looked like a nice course from the road at dusk.  Tough "neighborhood" with Highlands CC, Mountaintop, and Wade Hampton.  My son and I used to enjoy High Hampton's course too.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
Thanks fellas!  Yes, it is very close to Highlands and looked like a nice course from the road at dusk.  Tough "neighborhood" with Highlands CC, Mountaintop, and Wade Hampton.  My son and I used to enjoy High Hampton's course too.

Just past Cashiers is CC of Sapphire Valley, very solid and walkable private.  I liked it a lot.  Several Pensacola members are members there. 

Kenny Baer

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
If Highlands falls is the Edwards inn course then I have played it. I really like the back 9 and would call it a solid 9 holes regardless of it's location. The front 9 from an arch perspective is awful but still fun. I think it has a par 3 on the front that might play 5 clubs shorter, it is that drastically down hill, the 9th is a par 4 that plays the same way.   I thought the back was very very good.

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
Kenny old pal,

Highlands Falls is a different course that the Old Edwards Inn course, which was formerly known as Highlands Cove.  I agree with your assessment of the OEI course which was designed by Tom Jackson.

Mark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back