News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Nanea Golf Club
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
I was looking on David Kidd website and the pictures look great.  Has anyone made the trip to play Nanea and can report back?

I heard it was a hard ticket to get, unless you know Charles Schwab or George Roberts :)

Here is the link to his website - www.dmkgolfdesign.com/portfolio-nanea.aspx

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Matthew Petersen

Re: Nanea Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
I would certainly love to see a ground-level view of that 14th hole, the split fairway with a lava crater dividing.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
I've had a few friends play it now and none of them have preferred another course in Hawaii to Nanea.

Doug Wright

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:19:22 PM »
I played Nanea two years ago. I was actually thinking about Nanea this morning playing Red Sky Ranch (Fazio) for the first time because both courses sit on similar mounainside terrain. Nanea, which I referred to at the time as "brawny, fun and scenic," runs rings around Red Sky Fazio. Nanea has tons of width and playing options and uses the terrain much better than Red Sky Fazio; also the greens are more contoured and the bunkering more strategic and interesting (both the fairway and greenside bunkering @ Red Sky Fazio are boringly repetitive). As mentioned the par 5s at Nanea are outstanding; the par 5 6th with a skyline green was one of the most interesting par 5s I've played anywhere due to the bunkering and fairway contouring that ended with the skyline green.

Matt Peterson, the 14th hole looks much different from the ground than from the air--I'm not sure I even knew the right side of the lava was fairway and it wasn't in play for me (or my caddy-playing partner who was a good player) so maybe it's eye candy.

I love Kapalua Plantation and have always thought it was the best course in Hawaii; Nanea is really good--if I had a chance to play Nanea more than 18 holes it might give Kapalua a nudge for first place.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back