News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Nassau CC
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:34:04 PM »
I played Nassau CC in Glen Cove, Long Island yesterday for the first time in a year. For those who have not played Nassau, it is/was a tree lined course in great condition with some really interesting greens, Last year, they lost the entire course. Unfortunately, they decided they had to  fire the super and hired a young man from Oakmont named David (wish I knew his last name) David has taken down a lot of trees, and in a short time, has improved the course imeasurably. You could feel how firm the fairways were just walking on them. If you had been there before , you could really see the way that the course has been opened by tree removal. The greens have  a lot of movement and are  rolling very smooth. I was lucky enough to meet David, and his enthusiasm for improving the course was palpable.  Nassau has the 2014 US Women's AM, and I have no doubt that the course will be amazing for the tournament. If I were a member, I would be ecstatic about the future of the course.

P.S. in an odd twist, Michael Pascucci is a member of Nassau, and will have the 2013 Womens's Open at the course he owns, and the 2014 Us Women's AM at the course  he first joined.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:40:07 PM by Keith OHalloran »

Anthony_Nysse

Re: Nassau CC
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »
Dave Delsandro. He's the former lead Assistant under John Zimmers at Oakmont. This time last year, he was helping prepare Oakmont for the US Women's Open with nearly 100 volunteers. Dave was also at Oakmont for the 2007 Men's US Open. He's a good one are really understands it, full of enthusiasm and energy. Give him another year or 2 and you'll be impressed even more!
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Keith OHalloran

Re: Nassau CC
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
Thank you Anthony. He is a great guy and you are right, when he has a full couple of years, he will have that course in amazing condition. I saw many trees out there that are a little worried about their future!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back