News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Re: 2019 YANK AWARDS
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
Jeff

So you preferred Strathlene to Buckpool. Most do although I must say I prefer Buckpool. It's got more interesting bits to it particularly some of the greens. That said the par 3 at Strathlene that plays along the spine of the hill is probably the best hole on either course. It's been a few years since I played either but Strathlene benefits from not really having any vegetation in the middle of the course whereas Buckpool had gorse encroaching everywhere, is that still the case ?

Niall

Buckpool does have more gorse-it had plenty of good holes, just a bit of a turnoff on 1,10, 9 and 18 with the flat terrain guarded by small planted pines,

Strathlene shines with terrain on 2,4,5,6 10,11,12, 13,14,16,17-the hill in the middle that sites par three greens 4 and 13 as well as the par 4 10th dominates the property but there is good terrain on the mentioned holes as well.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Sean_A

Re: 2019 YANK AWARDS
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 04:55:23 AM »
Jeff

Did you say Royal Ashdown Forest was muddy when you played it?

Happy Hockey
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back