News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Ralston

Another one bites the dust.
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
As many of you have heard me speak of 'Golf Kentucky Links'; which I regard to be the best state golf website bar none, I should now tell you: GKL is going out of existence soon. This is a sad thing. A lot of great guys were there regularly to talk of courses, trips, beer, and even architecture. There were reviews of many courses, pix of beer cart girls, and all manner of things to satisfy the golfing redneck's craving for jawing.

Truly, Ron Waterson and Moe Miller, who started the site quite a few years ago, did a great service to us, and they will be thanked by we who partook in our thoughts. RIP GKL.

golfkentuckylinks.com

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Chris_Blakely

Re: Another one bites the dust.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »
Doug,

Sorry to hear that.  I checked the site occasionally to find public golf options in KY, IN and Ohio.  Any talk of any of the group taking the site over and running the day to day operation instead of the founders???

Chris

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
Doug,

Why are they closing up shop????
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Doug Ralston

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »
Chris & Rich;

I gather that Ron [who runs the website]  feel like discussions of the courses in Kentucky and surrounding have been pushed pretty much to their limits. Most discussions now have become 'off-topic' in nature. We here sure know how THAT can happen [and yes, I too have been at fault in this], and I hope ours does not suffer a similar fate. I do think GKL remains a great resource.

Besides, Ron has changed in his priorities, and rarely golfs so he is less motivated to keep it up. Moe and his wife are retired and hardly ever home, taking their joy of golf and fine dining on the road.

My own golfing career has been declining with my health, but my contact with the game through the internet has been steady. I understand these things happen, but I met some really great folks via GKL and shall miss some of that.

And I still think KY is way underrated as a 'stay and play' destination.

Thanks for inquiring .............

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »
I'd be willing to keep the site running if they'd be interested in that. I know it's been a great resource to me, and anything I can do to keep a site like that running...

I would think I could migrate it over to my hosting platform relatively easily. The offer's out there if they're listening and willing. I'd rather keep the site up than watch it go away.

I've often thought what my blog will become once I have truly seen all the tri-state has to offer. I figure I'm a good many years away from that, so for now I'm safe. And even when I've seen it all, I'll leave it up as a resource for others.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back