News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: The United Links of America
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
I'm also thinking that I swap out 1 and 2 to be 10 and 11 respectively.  The flow to 3 and 12 would work a little better, and you save the epic "sand belt" nature of #2 for later on in the round as that hole looks to play thru Nebraska and eastern Colorado! :)

Suggestions of this nature should be written on a $100 bill and mailed to the architect.

I was kind of hoping to see a $100 bill coming my way.  Free advice ain't exactly free anymore these days!! 

Besides that routing change would save at least $10 mill in cart path construction expense alone.  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 05:45:19 PM »
I'm also thinking that I swap out 1 and 2 to be 10 and 11 respectively.  The flow to 3 and 12 would work a little better, and you save the epic "sand belt" nature of #2 for later on in the round as that hole looks to play thru Nebraska and eastern Colorado! :)

Suggestions of this nature should be written on a $100 bill and mailed to the architect.

I was kind of hoping to see a $100 bill coming my way.  Free advice ain't exactly free anymore these days!!  

Besides that routing change would save at least $10 mill in cart path construction expense alone.  ;)

See post #5:  The course will be walking only, in the the style that is currently a la mode.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:37:37 PM by Bill_McBride »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
I'm also thinking that I swap out 1 and 2 to be 10 and 11 respectively.  The flow to 3 and 12 would work a little better, and you save the epic "sand belt" nature of #2 for later on in the round as that hole looks to play thru Nebraska and eastern Colorado! :)

I was kind of hoping to see a $100 bill coming my way.  Free advice ain't exactly free anymore these days!! 

Besides that routing change would save at least $10 mill in cart path construction expense alone.  ;)

See post 35:  The course will be walking only, in the the style that is currently a la mode.

Sorry Bill,

I'm not a mind-reader. This is post #27, so #35 still seems to be aways off yet!  ;D

Terry Lavin

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
It might take a millenium for technology to make this course obsolete.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Bill_McBride

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 06:35:31 PM »

See post 35:  The course will be walking only, in the the style that is currently a la mode.

Sorry Bill,

I'm not a mind-reader. This is post #27, so #35 still seems to be aways off yet!  ;D

Sorry, fat little fingers; should have typed #5!

Bill Brightly

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »
I'm sure the alternate 9th green was an afterthought so you can avoid New Jersey...

P.S.  I am so happy to learn that hitting CTL + makes the screen bigger! Now how do I make it smaller? :)

mike_beene

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »
That is one big downhill driving range.You did a nice job avoiding the uninspiring prairie of Dallas!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »
I'm sure the alternate 9th green was an afterthought so you can avoid New Jersey...

P.S.  I am so happy to learn that hitting CTL + makes the screen bigger! Now how do I make it smaller? :)

CTL- of course!

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:54 PM »
Avoiding NJ may have been a subconscious reaction. Apologies to Matt Ward.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
Received an email about the air rights above Canada. Frankly, who cares?  ... Paging Ian Andrew....

http://www.golframes.com/products/detailzoom.php?id=265
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:23:09 PM by Forrest Richardson »
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 01:33:58 AM »
I have mine done. I just need to color it in so you can tell what's what. Hopefully sometime tomorrow. I will say that it took me an hour to come up with a routing I like. I used a map that had a lot more rivers, which made it hard!

Jason Connor

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »
Those last 3 holes are feeling/looking kind of redundant!!   :P

People love ocean holes & cape holes.  So the masses would think this has the best finishing three ever.

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Jay Flemma

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:48 AM »
I think it's cool.  I agree that 16-17-18 is repetitive, but hey, it's not real, so we can cut him some slack for originality.  Great stuff, Forrest.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
We saved your home, too, Jay!   ;)
So you will not have to relocate.
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Bill_McBride

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »
bump

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back