News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Camponi

New Member Introduction
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »
Hi there everybody; I wanted to introduce myself and say that I am excited to have the chance to participate in this forum.

I have been following the discussion group almost since the beginning; I thoroughly love golf and golf course architecture and the discussion of it; I have been very fortunate to have been able to play over one thousand courses in my lifetime many of them being "the greats"; I am 47 years old and single and golf has brought me tons of pleasure and memorable experiences over the years, it is what my day typically revolves around.  I am fortunate in that I am able to spend the winters in south Florida and the mountains of North Carolina during the summers.

In regards to the discussion of golf course architecture I find it difficult in that discussing why you like and don't like a golf course is akin to discussing why you do and do not like or love a piece of art; sometimes you just do; I figure I will be more of an observer than a poster but look forward to attempting to put into words why or why not I like a certain course or architect.

Ed Oden

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:41:33 PM »
Welcome Dave!  Where in the NC mountains do you summer?

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »
Welcome!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:20:06 AM »
David, you've played over 1000 courses!! Wow :o

I thought Mike Cirba's count of 800 was a record on this DG. 

Welcome!

Scott Warren

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:03 AM »
Welcome David C.

Donal: Jonathan Cummings played his 1000th course last year and a few others on here are north of 800.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:31:53 AM »

Welcome DC

A 1,000 and not out yet, great records but can you remember all the courses?

Have you come across Ernie Payne (http://www.erniepaynegolf.co.uk/) he has played all the courses in Scotland as his Ultimate Challenges (think that's a never ending Challenge though).

Again welcome, looks like you will be spending more time travelling and playing than posting ;)

Melvyn

PS Please tell me you have not done the 1,000 using carts and distance aids, because that does not count :'(

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »
David-Welcome. At 1000 plus I admire your dedication. :) You should be in a position to discuss most of the courses mentioned in the DG.

David Camponi

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
Appreciate the welcome. Just have a quick second as I am traveling. Don't hold me to that thousand number as it is more of a guestimate, I am not trying to be the Rosie Ruiz of golf courses.

Ed, I live in the Highlands area in the summers.

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
Welcome David!
H.P.S.

Mike H

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »
Welcome!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
Welcome David - your accomplishment as well as Cummings is admirable but even 10% of that would be an accomplishment if either one of you were married.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back