News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Players on Dye, Straits Course
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
...I get Dick daley in tomorrow's piece!

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/dyeabolical_but_fair_players_praise_fearsome_straits_course

From the article:

"Nobody does deception and strategy better than Pete Dye," explained 1997 PGA champion Davis Love III. "When you first see a Dye course, you might think it's a wild and crazy thing with no rhyme or reason, but if you have played St. Andrews or the other great courses of the U.K., then you understand what he's doing. He's taking the great design tenets of St. Andrews, Scotland and Ireland and just putting his own spin on it."

"That's right," agreed Sean O'Hair. "His work does echo the strategies of the great U.K. courses. Moreover, he demands all sorts of shot shapes, because his holes go both ways. Plus he makes you hit every club in the bag. [Tuesday], I hit some drivers off the tee and some hybrids, and I hit every club from 4-iron to wedge on my approach shots," concluded the young pro who may soon share his swing coach, Sean Foley, with Tiger Woods.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

RJ_Daley

Re: Players on Dye, Straits Course
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
I'll have to edit you when you return this evening, Jay!  Speaking for the entire Daley clan, even those toiling to chonical the worlds great links at the antipodes, or those elected to 'Boss' our second city, such as cousins Paul and Richie and his pops, we in the clan still use a capital D in our last name...  ::) ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »
That's why they have erasers on mouse pads:)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tim Pitner

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
Cried like Nancy Kerrigan?  Jay, that is so bad.  She got whacked in the leg by a police baton, for god's sakes. 

Jay Flemma

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »
yes, but it still ranks as one of the EPIC rants:)

Abd come on...she won a silver medal and Tonya harding cried like Tonya Harding over a shoelace:)

Richard Choi

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »
Quote from Bubba Watson after shooting the low round of the day (so far)...

On the Pete Dye design: "Is this a Pete Dye course? Oh, I have no idea."

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
Jay,

I just read this one on the PGa website...nice...

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2010/news/dye_qa.cfm

Last 10:
Erie GC (PA), Skyway GC (NJ), Ferry Point Links (NY), The Bridge (NY), Montauk Downs (NY), Totteridge GC (PA), Hillsboro Elks (OH), Smock GC (IN), Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC - South (OH)

Jay Flemma

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
Thank you, Richard.  It was fun.  Pete will be around the media center starting tomorrow.

Phil McDade

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
Jay:

Very nice piece; well done. :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back