News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

As the Swedes (and the rest of Scandinavia) prepare to celebrate one of the most important holidays of the year; Mid-summer, I thought it would be appropriate to post some photographs of a few Swedish courses. We'll start off with a few photos from Bro Hof's Stadium and Castle Courses.

215 m par 3 4th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

4th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

The 512 m par 5 5th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

5th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

The 414 m par 4 6th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

6th at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

View from behind the 6th green at Bro-Hof (Castle Course)

Viw of the green of 445 m par 4 2nd at Bro-Hof (Stadium Course)

Approach to the 468 m par 4 5th at Bro-Hof (Stadium Course)

David_Tepper

Re: Trevlig midsommar! Photos from a few Swedish courses (Bro Hof)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:22:16 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:27:29 PM by David_Tepper »

Andrew Brown

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:32:23 AM »
Donal,

Re the 6th at Bro Hof. I don't like the rock outcrop short of the green - that is a quirk that many here would find highly irritating. Especially on a hole of that length, where often the 2nd shot / 3rd shot for many handicap players might incorporate the ground game, there you have to carry it over that outcrop.

I live in Norway, and am not a fan of rock....and there's plenty of it around here  ;)

Andrew

Jukka Takamaa

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 04:40:59 AM »
Donal -

Thanks for posting the pics. Two nice looking courses.

http://www.brohofslott.se/en/the-best-course-in-europe/1046315-probably-the-best-course-in-europe

DT

I was in Stockholm 2 weeks ago...very nice city. This course was recommended to me in a finnish golf site. Looks outstanding indeed. I'll play it soon...next time in Stockholm I'll have my bag with me.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »
Donal -

http://www.brohofslott.se/en/the-best-course-in-europe/1046315-probably-the-best-course-in-europe

DT

I was in Stockholm 2 weeks ago...very nice city. This course was recommended to me in a finnish golf site. Looks outstanding indeed. I'll play it soon...next time in Stockholm I'll have my bag with me.

Jukka,

The next time you're in Stockholm just let me know. Bro Hof is only a few kilometers from my home club Bro-Bĺlsta, and it would be a pleasure to have you as a guest. I will post some photos of Bro-Bĺlsta when I have time; it's a delightful course.

Donal,

Re the 6th at Bro Hof. I don't like the rock outcrop short of the green - that is a quirk that many here would find highly irritating. Especially on a hole of that length, where often the 2nd shot / 3rd shot for many handicap players might incorporate the ground game, there you have to carry it over that outcrop.

I live in Norway, and am not a fan of rock....and there's plenty of it around here  ;)

Andrew

Andrew,

Yes, I can see this a being a big problem and considering the amount of money spent on both courses, it's a bit strange that they didn't just blast all that rock away. As well as the safety issue, I can see many disgruntled golfers shouting in anger as their balls bounce off the rocks and end up in the trees either side of the fairway.

Donal -

DT

David,

In my opinion, the Castle Course is a nicer course than the Stadium Course.

The Castle Course has no black tees and the white tees only stretch to 6147 mtrs. It has 6 par 3s, 6 par 4s and 6 par 5s. It appears to have been desgned for us mortal human beings, whereas the Stadium Course was built so that it could host pro tournaments. The Scandinavian Masters will be played over the Stadium Course in a few weeks from now.

Andrew Brown

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:31 AM »
A bump - some might be interested seeing a few pictures of the site for this weekend's Scandanavian Masters.

Andrew

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back