News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

The Hazards of Golf: Bunkers, Water and
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
Carts!!!

Bill Pennington writes in the NYT about golf cart injuries:

http://onpar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/the-hazards-of-golf-bunkers-water-and-now-carts/?ref=sports

My wife fractured a wrist when she was ejected from a cart when a tree jumped in front of her cart.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Steve Lang

Re: The Hazards of Golf: Bunkers, Water and
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »
 8) don't forget rocks (or trees) that can ricochet balls back at you.. i recently did it to myself and got 8 stiches to prove it
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Chilver-Stainer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
On the link to the web site is a course advertised named Ballyowen - any comments?

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
Re Ballyowen:

Never played there but I'm sure Matt Ward will comment as it was the top rated public course in NJ before Atlantic City CC became open to the public.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
A good friend at my club broke a knee when the driver took an unexpected turn and ejected the passenger.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back