News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Donalda Club in metro Toronto
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
http://www.donaldaclub.ca/

One of my former varsity players is working this summer at Donalda Club, site of redesign by Thomas McBroom.  She remarked that it is quite a place.  Anyone with any experience at the joint?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Guy Nicholson

Re: Donalda Club in metro Toronto
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:44:49 PM »
You can see a little bit of it from the Don Valley Parkway, just south of the 401. It's very private -- a friend of mine wrote the club newsletter for several years but was never allowed on the course, despite being an enthusiastic golfer and a well-known writer for a national magazine.

Gary Slatter

Re: Donalda Club in metro Toronto
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:30:34 PM »
Ron, a very good friend of mine (we played Rennaisance Cup last July) is on the board there, let me know if I can introduce or whatever. He's been the greens chairman in the past.

I've played Donalda maybe a dozen times but not since the renovations.  I always thought it was a superb under rated test in excellent condition.  As a country club it is perfect, tennis, golf, families of many ethnic persuasions, great food, located in the city but in a valley of the Don River which makes it feel like the country (except for the buzz from the Don Valley Parkway).   
Donalda and Bayview are two Toronto country clubs that get it right and have no budget problems, and no problem filling their dining facilities!
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back