News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Johnson

St Patrciks Golf course
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
There was mention last week of St Patrick Golf course in Ireland and then some mention of it being closed. I have visited the website and located in google.
Just curious, is this course a shame? i have been through that area twice for golf trips and never even heard of the course.
Thanks for any info somebody might.
Tim

Brad Fleischer

Re: St Patrciks Golf course
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:15:07 AM »
Tim

If by shame you mean didn't exist it is a real golf course . There are two courses one designed by Hackett the other by Ohaire. From last I knew there was no clubhouse and green fee's were done by the honor system.

Brad

Ted Harris

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »
you can see St Patricks from Rosapenna but the courses have been effectively shut down after some partial redesign construction took place - money ran out and construction was never finished and the gate to the course has been padlocked

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:52:45 AM »
Tim:

The group (Realton Group?) that bought the land at the height of the boom from Dermot Walsh went bust. A receiver was appointed but I haven't heard if the land was sold on or not. I can't see anything being done with this land in the near future. Maybe this was for the best, as the plans were a bit frightening (Jack Nicklaus, Hotel, houses, etc.).

Dónal.

Tim Johnson

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
Thanks very much for the answers. I am little amazed about this course because I have never heard of it. Granted I live in Canada but I have done 4 2-week trips to Scotland/Ireland and have spent alot of time researching courses to play. This course never came up in my searching nor in my many conversations in pubs after the rounds. I did 2 tours up the west coast and over into NI and had I known about this course, we would have added it to the list.

I was also confused when they said it was Eddie Hackett's last course when I thought that distinction went to Carne. But after re reading the history and your confirmations, Hackett designed this course previously but was being "fixed up" just prior to his passing.

Thanks again for the responses, much appeciated.
Tim

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back