News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Hey Melvyn.....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »
These ought to last until the first idiot takes a nose dive and sues. 
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »

Mike

Thanks but why me  ;)

Jim

Not sure I would call Kalen an idiot, I can see him taking a nose dive but idiot that seems unkind yet he has a poor record on four wheels, I give you that. ;D

Melvyn

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 09:43:59 AM »

Mike

On closer inspection are you sure its not a Mobile Urinal

If not could be easily converted as an optional extra, although you would have to remain very still during the process. However its not suitable for our Ladies so will be regarded as sexist and prone to potential legal action for not being able to offer the same relief to our superior partners in life.

Melvyn

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »
MM,
For a few seconds there I couldn't figure out what you were talking about as I hadn't mentioned Kalen, then it dawned on me.  ;)  

Kalen mistakenly thought that his golf cart was his FJ Cruiser. Bad move.  

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
MM,

Did you see the shoes that guy on the porta potty was wearing?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:21:28 AM »
Cmon now,

Of course thats not me.  If I owned one of those, I'd put a 6 inch lift kit on it and bigger tires at the very least!!!   ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
The disparaging of Kalen is my duty, and I must point out that you guys have it wrong! I believe it was Jim Sullivan that crashed the cart. Kalen only documented it for posterity.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ken Moum

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
Cheaper, but not half as cool as:

Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Rob Rigg

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
Have you guys seen the video? It is freakin' hilarious.

I am assuming that "Beau" is their target consumer for this contraption/nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fnl6xofwo

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
So we now have the small single standing cart that can carry a single golfer with clubs. It is I presume to be used as shown on the advertising clip directly on the course and not on its own cart track.  Wonder what the additional cost will be in maintenance otherwise we may start to see the initial telltale signs of cart abuse

Then perhaps as four ball are rather common we might start to see this after a rain storm
when the cart ruts are creating additional course hazards as they go

Then when costs become too great for the golfer to pay the introduction of big wheels will part resolve the problem

However I feel that the game by then will have more or less self destructed or the Maintenance staff will outnumber the golfers.

Hell its great to do what you want on a golf course, let the other suckers pay the price for our enjoyment. Or perhaps we are more caring for our environment that some may care to believe, but then perhaps not. Just a thought ;D

Melvyn
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:17:20 PM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »
Anybody who uses one of these scooter-like contraptions obviously doesn't respect the traditions of the game.

But here is a product that combines the great pastimes of golf, and...pedaling??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgpanUMdfH4

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back