News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Fine Golf website
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
http://www.finegolf.co.uk/

Just stumbled across this.  Seems pretty interesting.  Wonder if any of the UK guys are familiar with it and have color.  From the website they say they have a 3-fold purpose:

"To raise the profile of ‘Fine’ in comparison to ‘Target’ golf
To encourage golfers to support their local Club Greenkeepers to follow Jim Arthur’s Sustainable Principles
To share information about Fine courses that have the “joy to be alive” factor."
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tony_Muldoon

Re: Fine Golf website
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
Jud put Lorne into the search engine and you find a recent thread where he enjoyed A Round with Arble
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jud_T

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »
whenever I search for anything here it's a bust 80% of the time.... :'(
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
Jud someone else figured out if you go sytraight to Search it just searches in that thread.  You have to go to the Thread listing page to search them all. Since then it's worked better for me!
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »
thanx!

Sean_A

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:17:40 PM »
Jud

Lorne is creating what I believe is one of the best golf web sites going.  I especially like that Lorne has a purpose other than touring his reader around lovely courses.  I have a lot of time for Lorne and very much look forward to dragging him out to Kington.  Below is the link to a tour of Lorne's home course. 

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41336.msg875702/#msg875702

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Jud_T

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:58:31 PM »
Sean,

I'm afraid we could use Lorne's crusade more on this side of the pond... :-\ It looks like the site has quite a bit of potential and I will follow their adventure....

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:18:08 AM »
Jud

I'd forgotten about this excellent website.  Thanks for the reminder!
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Norbert P

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »

Thanks.  Bookmarked !
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back